History of the St. Paul's
In 1945 a few families began holding worship services in their homes in the Maple Ridge area. In 1946 Otto A. Olson Jr. began weekly worship services in the Masonic Hall. On November 15, 1948 St. Paul’s Lutheran Church was organized with 30 adult members and Pastor Olson as their clergy person. In 1955 the congregation with 55 members purchased the former Baptist Church on Dewdney Trunk Rd.
During the 1950’s the congregation was served by Pastors W. S. Peterson, Clifford Beggren, Paul Olson and Harold Eriksson.
In 1959 Duene Emberg arrived to serve the congregation until 1964. During this time a new Sanctuary and education wing were built at the 12145 Laity St. location and was dedicated on February 5, 1961.
In April 1965 Pastor Floyd Johnson arrived and served the congregation until 1970. Pastor Wallace Bergman was called in 1970 and served St. Paul’s until his retirement in 1993. The Sunday School addition was completed in 1976 and in 1978 was dedicated to the memory of Dr. Otto Olson. St. Paul’s was part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America from 1962 until 1986 when it became part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada.
Lloyd Dahl served as interim Pastor until Pastor Bob Goos began ministry in November 1993.
St. Paul’s engaged in a major project, adding to the building by constructing a new Sanctuary in 2004.
Pastor Goos retired in 2010 and the congregation was served by interim Pastor Peter Fisher until Pastor Roland Ziprick accepted the call to serve in October 2011.